WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, for which we could earn a commission. This does not change the price you would pay.
The WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS is a dash cam that is in the upper middle range when it comes to its prices. The price is higher than many other dash cams, however, with the number of features that this camera has, it’s more of a steal than a splurge.
The WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam can do a bit of it all, making it one of the best dashboard cameras to choose for a “jack of all trades” sort of situation. It can record crystal clear videos while you’re on the move, making it great for identifying participants of accidents. It can also give you your GPS coordinates, and will link you up to Google Maps when reviewing captured footage.
WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS Sample Video
- As the name suggests, the WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS comes with built-in GPS capabilities, so that you can follow along using Google Maps
- Comes with a free 16 GB micro SD card, which the dash cam requires to save video
- Has a very high-definition camera, capturing in your choice of either 2560p by 1080p or 2306p by 1296p; this is currently the highest available resolution on any dash cam on the market
- Has a WDR (wide dynamic range) and HDR technology for the crispest, most balanced exposure, producing the clearest video and images possible
- Comes with three different mounts for your vehicle, including two sticky mounts and one suction cup mount
Can be used the moment you receive it; just insert the micro SD card first
Has continuous loop recording, so that you don’t have to worry about manually deleting footage from your micro SD card
- There are two major pluses to using the WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS. The first is that the camera is state of the art, and will provide you with clear images and videos, making it easy to see even license plates. The second is the ability to link up your video history with your GPS coordinates on Google Maps.
- The biggest con that this dash cam has is that you have to be proactive when using it. If you’re in an accident, or need the recording for something else, then you have to save it then and there, not later on, when you get home. The price is also a bit up there, especially for one that doesn’t have a night mode available.
The WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS has a lot of high-tech options available to it, and you’ll likely enjoy them. However, for those who want something that they can set up and forget, this isn’t the model to be looking at; only buy this if you’re willing to be proactive in saving your recordings right when you record them.
All in all, even with the cons that have been listed above, the WheelWitness HD PRO Dash Cam with GPS is a good choice in overhead mounted dash cam, if not necessarily the best dashboard camera out there.